by Almond Acres | Dec 22, 2015 | News
The Holiday Craft Faire and Lights Parade was a lot of fun in a little rain.
Parade winners were: Dos Hermanos, Best Overall Entry; Almond Acres Charter Academy, Floats; “Japeth the Juggler,” Individual Vehicles; Paso Robles Model A club, Group Vehicles; Native Daughters of the Golden West, Walking Group; and “Chaz and Marty,” Other/Humor.
A special award for Community Spirit was given to “Friends at Christmas Time,” a group of San Miguel residents. Dave Hovde and Eileen Rogers provided commentary in English and Max Elisarraras in Spanish.
Next month, the Parade Committee will begin planning Sagebrush Days, which is in April.
Via: The Tribune
by Almond Acres | Dec 7, 2015 | News
Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of locals lined the parade route and watched scores of entries at Saturday night’s 54th annual Christmas Light Parade. The streets in the downtown area were closed down for the annual celebration.
This year’s theme was “Christmas Wish List.” The parade was sponsored by the Paso Robles Downtown Main Street Association.
The traditional light parade began at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 5 and marks the arrival of Santa Claus in downtown Paso Robles. Santa will be in residence at the Holiday House in the downtown city park until Christmas Eve. The hours are posted on the Holiday House and on www.pasoroblesdowntown.org.
Almond Acres Charter Academy students, staff and parents on their “Holiday Wish List,” float. Photo by Trisha Butcher.
Winners of the parade awards include the following:
- Sweepstakes: Almond Acres Children’s Academy
- Judges’ Award: Zoo to You Conservation Ambassadors
- Special Award: Artistry in Motion
- Santa’s Award: So. Cal. Gas Co.
- Business/Commercial: North County Septic
- Band: PRHS Bearcat Marching Band
The following entries won first place ribbons for specific categories:
- Bauer Elementary School
- Singing Hands Choir
- Go Mommy – Kennedy Club Fitness
- In Cahoots
- Pete Johnson AAA Towing
- Kermit King Elementary
- St. Rose Catholic School
- Far West Water Ski Club
- Madrid Premier Soccer Club
- Girl Scouts Cuesta Del Norte
- Heritage Ranch 4-H
- US Postal Service
- First Mennonite Rainbow Bright
- Paso Robles Children’s Museum
- PRHS Marching Band
- Cal Fire/SLO Fire
- SLO Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- SLO Co. Scooter Club
- Estrella Warbirds
- Paso Robles Model A Club
- Maria Elena Ballet Forklorico
- Paso Robles Professional Firefighters
- Dimes Media Central Coast
- North County Veterans’ Color Guard
- El Paso de Robles Area Historical Society
Via: Paso Robles Daily News